Ball bearing cross references
• Radial ball bearings will accommodate moderate to heavy radial loads and low to moderate thrust loads in either direction.
• Deep groove radial bearings are manufactured as open type bearings for oil or grease lubrication. They are also available with metal shields and/or seals for use where moderate contamination is present in the operation.
• Angular contact bearings are single row types used where radial and thrust loads are combined in the same application. They provide sufficient internal clearances to assume a specific contact angle under thrust loading and are available with angles of 15, 30 and 40 degrees.
• Double row bearings are manufactured both as filling slot and Conrad types, in light and medium series. The filling slot type has higher load capacity but the Conrad type provides a quieter operation and should be used when noise is a consideration.
• Self-Aligning bearings are manufactured with two rows of balls and one continuous spherical raceway in the outer ring. This allows for limited misalignment of the shaft and housing.
• Maximum capacity bearings are filling slot type bearings used in applications involving heavy radial loads and low speeds where thrust loads are comparatively low. The incorporated filling slots in the inner and outer rings so they can be loaded with additional balls for greater capacity.
• Mast guide bearings are bearings with a high load capacity, specially designed for use in fork lift trucks. These bearings are similar to single row or double row deep groove bearings but the outer race has a very thick cross-section which performs as a wheel or tire. Mast guide bearings can withstand heavy radial loads and occasional thrust loads. Mounted on the fork carriage they provide smooth action as the forks are raised and lowered.
• Integral shaft bearings include a shaft with bearing races machined on its OD The outer bearing ring, cage and rolling elements are mounted directly on the shaft and an inner ring is not required. These are commonly referred to as water pump bearings since that is a major application for them.
• Special bearings include Inch Series bearings, bearings made specifically for automotive air compressor applications and bearings made with special bore, width, or OD